The Horizon Worlds' building and scripting community has a lot of terms that you may not understand immediately, but the purpose of this post is to help you get famailr with the Horizon Worlds' scripting lingo.
- Script - Refers to a specific Gizmo used to create events and actions in a world.
- Codeblock - Used to describe all the events and actions used to make a script.
- Event - A specific set of codeblocks that executes specified actions once its condition has been met.
- Action - A specific set of codeblocks that perform their specificed task once its coorsponding event is executed.
- Gizmo - A specfic set of objects used to perform unique functions.
- Pill - A named used to describe the pill shaped item used to refer to an object or asset.
- Variable - A system specified or user created reference that is used to store data within a script.
- Boolean - Stores only True or False.
- Number - Stores an integer or decimal.
- Object(obj) - Stores any shapes, groups, or gizmos.
- Vector - Stores a position in X,Y,Z value.
- Rotation - Stores an orentation in X,Y,Z value, can also be refered to as Pitch, Yaw, Roll.
- Player - Stores an actual visitor.
- String - Stores text.
- Color - Stores a color in R,G,B value.
- Asset - Stores an object to be spawned.
- Self - A unique variable which refers to the object a script is attached to. Can also be thought of as the script itself.
- Spawning - Refers to the creation of new objects within a published world that weren't there previously. Spawned objects take up capacity but can be despawned to recover it.
- Player Persistant Variable(PPV) - Server level number variables that store data related to a player that persist after a player leaves and returns.